Am I Eligible?
What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is a public health insurance program that gives health coverage to millions of Americans, including:
- Eligible low-income adults
- Pregnant women
- Elderly adults
- People with disabilities
Medicaid pays for most healthcare, including things like doctor visits, prescription drugs, or a hospital stay. The federal government sets the guidelines for the program. Medicaid programs differ from state to state.
The Commonwealth of Virginia provides Medicaid benefits to eligible Virginians. Magellan Complete Care of Virginia is a health plan, or Managed Care Organization (MCO). That means that we give Medicaid benefits to our members through our own network of doctors and hospitals. When you apply for Medicaid benefits in Virginia, the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) assigns you to an MCO.
Find out if you are eligible for Medicaid benefits with CoverVa’s eligibility screening tool.
Am I eligible for MCC of VA Medicaid?
MCC of VA offers Medicaid benefits through two different programs:
- Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC Plus)
- Medallion 4.0
Each program has different requirements to be eligible.
You may be eligible for CCC Plus benefits if you are:
- Age 65 and older
- An adult or child with a disability and/or medically complex needs
- Living in a nursing facility (NF)
- Getting services through any one of the following waivers:
- CCC Plus home and community-based services waiver (formerly referred to as the Technology Assisted and Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction EDCD Waivers)
- Building Independence
- Family & Individual Supports
- Community Living Waivers
Medallion 4.0 covers Virginia’s Medicaid and Family Access to Medical Insurance Security Plan (FAMIS) members. Eligible Medallion 4.0 members include:
- Children and adults in low-income families with children
- Pregnant women
- Children in foster care or adoption assistance programs
- Children with special healthcare needs
Find out if you can get CCC Plus or Medallion 4.0 benefits with CoverVa’s eligibility screening tool.